SOCIAL

Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale MAC Haul!

Jul 16, 2010

Hey there!

I am really doing too much lately with MAC!  I am seriously getting a bit obsessed with these collections.  I can't believe I slept on the MAC hype for like four years because I definitely missed out!  So here's the deal folks I recently pre-ordered a bunch of stuff from the Nordie's Sale and I finally went to pick it up on Friday.  I had to shoo my hubs away so he wouldn't see the damage I caused.  It's easier to tell him later because I know he won't make me take it back!  Now mind you, he wouldn't stop me from buying it either but he might give me the I don't know about this look which I hate!  Now let me tell you the lady that helped me at the counter was really nice but she was seriously in space.  I would give you some spacey examples but you guys know that I always tend to ramble so I'll stop now and get to the good stuff.  You wanna know what I got?

Well, I purchased the 2 brush sets, the Tawny Look in a Box, the Miss Violet Look in a Box, four eye shadows in a palette, and two lip glosses....woo I need makeup rehab after this haul.

Wanna see pictures and swatches?  If so, click the "Read More" button below.  Duh! :-)

Okay so I really love brushes, like you don't even understand I have so many freakin brushes but I don't have many from MAC so of course I jumped on the two brush sets that were offered.

The first kit that I purchase is the Apply, Line & Define Eye Brush Set which came with the 5 eye brushes shown below.  The brushes come in this awful patent leather looking carrier that already has started tearing on the inside.  The brushes don't fit snugly in the pouches and it is useless in my opinion. 

(Listed from Top to Bottom: 212SE, 219SE, 227SE, 266SE, 275SE)



The second brush kit is the Apply & Blend Face Brush Set which came with 4 face brushes. 
 (Listed from Top to Bottom:  168SE, 187SE, 190SE and 194SE)
 
This set also included that stupid useless case.  Ugggh I hated this case and the ribbon tying it together is the worst.  Can I get a snap closure or a zipper or something?


Okay so on to the next one.  I love love love the Look in a Box kits because I love to collect things like this and I like getting a deal on items so this one was perfect for me.  I wanted to get the Frisky girl one too but thought that the colors were a little to light for my skin tone.  I have a feeling the collector inside of me is going to regret not getting it.  But on to the two that I actually did get, Tawny One and Miss Violet. 


Tawny One comes with By Jupiter Mineralize Eye Shadow, Refined Golden Bronzing Powder, Coppertone Powder Blush, Love Nectar Lustreglass and Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara.


  (Clockwise:  From left to right: Refined Golden Bronzing Powder, By Jupiter Mineralize Eye Shadow, Coppertone Powder Blush, Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara and Love Nectar Lustreglass)

 (From left to right: Refined Golden Bronzing Powder, By Jupiter Mineralize Eye Shadow, Coppertone Powder Blush, Love Nectar Lustreglass)  First Picture taken without flash, second picture taken with flash.



Miss Violet comes with Love Stone Mineralize Eye Shadow, Rose Beauty Powder, Desert Rose Powder Blush, Lovechild Lipglass and Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara.


(Clockwise from Left to Right:  Rose Beauty Powder, Love Stone Mineralize Eye Shadow, Desert Rose Powder Blush, Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara and Lovechild Lipglass)  

  (From Left to Right:  Rose Beauty Powder, Love Stone Mineralize Eye Shadow, Desert Rose Powder Blush, Lovechild Lipglass)  First Picture taken without flash, second picture taken with flash.

They had like a ton of eye shadows available to put into a eye shadow quad palette so I chose four and stuck em in there!  The four I chose were the Retro Speck, Trax, Vibrant Grape and Lucky Green.  The color descriptions stated below were retrieved from MAC.
 Top Row:
Retro Speck:  Beached blonde (Lustre)
Trax:  Burgundy-plum flecked with bronze shimmer (Velvet)
 Bottom Row:
Vibrant Grape:  Bright magenta violet (Satin)
Lucky Green:  Frosted midtone lime (Veluxe Pearl)
 (From Left to Right:  Retro Speck, Trax, Vibrant Grape, Lucky Green) 
First Picture taken without flash, second picture taken with flash.

Tired of my haul yet?  Well I have two more things and then we are done!

The last two things I got were Fabulous Fun Dazzleglass, which is a hot pink with glitter, and Boys Go Crazy Dazzleglass, which is a awesome purple with glitter.  These could have stayed at Nordstrom to be honest as I have similar colors already but just forgot about them.
From Left to Right:  Fabulous Fun, Boys Go Crazy)

Wooo, so that was a lot and I am done hauling for a while as I've gone a bit mad lately.  Did you get anything from the Nordie's sale?  Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger