SOCIAL

Lancome Foundation and Mascara Review!

Jul 13, 2010

Hello people!

Sorry I missed yesterday but I'm back now and I'm ready to review!  I honestly don't even remember when I exactly bought these Lancome items but I believe it was a couple of weeks ago.  I randomly stopped at the Lancome counter in Macy's to pick up the Definicils Precious Cells Mascara because I've been seeing that dern picture of Julia Roberts everywhere and I was like hey I want to try that!  The only thing is I wanted something waterproof so I picked up the Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara.  Now I'm not sure what is so High Def about this mascara as it looks and feels like a regular old mascara to me but hey maybe I'm just not that sensitive to these sort of things. So any way after the sales associate rang up the purchase for me, she asked if I wanted the sample, so I decided to get the foundation that I had previously mentioned in my magazine haul.  I couldn't remember the name so she shade matched me using one of the latest foundations and it was the Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear 18 Hour Shine-Free Foundation (dang that's a long name).  So as soon as I hear 18 hours and matte finish come out of her mouth I am kinda sold but once she shade matched me and it melted into my skin like butter, I was like "I'll take it" and she thinks I mean the sample and I did not.  I was like ring the foundation up and give it to me NOW!

So now that I've tried both of the products, it's time to review.

Mascara Review Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara $24.50 USD (.17FL. OZ)
This mascara does what it says it's going to do.  It lengthen, separates and doesn't clump.  I love this one.   However, I know that almost twenty-five bucks is a lot of money to spend on a mascara and I think that there are a lot of lower priced mascaras that can give the same effect.  FYI, I purchased this in the shade black but it also comes in brown.
Final Verdict:  I would definitely purchase this one again as I love any mascara that doesn't clump!  I also think this may be really really good layered over the Lancome Hypnose Drama to give volume and extra length.



Foundation Review Lancome Teint Idole Fresh Wear 18 Hour Shine-Free Foundation  $32 USD (.8FL.OZ.)

The shade I purchase is Suede 2W and it is perfect on me.  The foundation comes in 17 shades and they only have about 3 darker shades and the Suede 2W was the darkest one from what I could tell, so not everyone may be able to find an exact match.

The foundation feels very lightweight and to me it's like I have nothing on my face at all.  This is definitely a matte finish and gives me a light to medium coverage.  However, in my experience, it didn't last anywhere near 18 hours.  For example, today I've had it on for about 2 hours and I can see the discoloration on the sides of my face coming through.  That is definitely not a good thing for me because I live in the middle of nowhere and it takes me almost an hour to get to anywhere I want to go and I hate touching up my face after I leave the house.  I never want to have to pack every item that I used that day in fear that it might not be on my face later on in the day.  I spackle spackle spackle so it should stay put, right?!  Well this unfortunately did not.

 











Final Verdict:  So, would I buy this again?  The answer to that is probably not, unless the discoloration on my face goes away because it just doesn't cover those well, even after I pre-concealed. Plus, I like full coverage so this just doesn't work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger