SOCIAL

Review: Smashbox Iconic Eyes

Jun 11, 2010

It's me again!  Miss me yet?  Hope so.  Anywhoo to the point, a few weeks ago I received an email from Smashbox offering 20% off of an entire purchase so duh, I went to the Smashbox website post haste!  Oh and they have free shipping I mean really what was I supposed to do, pass up this opportunity?  Okay so I browsed and landed upon the Iconic Eyes Kit.  I picked this one because it had a bunch of items that I have never tried from Smashbox and since I am new to the brand I figured why not try out as much as possible....and they gave me a free sample of the o-gloss (which btw I cannot find so I am a little annoyed).  The box is really cute although I hate stickers on boxes.  This value sticker states that this is an Ulta exclusive but I bought it directly from Smashbox so I'm not sure that putting the sticker on there was the best idea.  I do like the actual value though!


So now to the good stuff....what's in the box?  The kit includes the following:


1.  Bionic Mascara in Jet Black


This is not so Bionic after all.  It was just okay.  I would definitely not use this on a daily basis unless I decide to try the "no-makeup" look.
2.  Mini Photo Finish Lid Primer



My cream shadow creased terribly...no likey!  I will try this again with just regular eye shadow and see if I like it any better.






3.  Cream Eye Liner Duo in Infamous




Oh so pretty!  LOVES the blue...the brown is just okay.

4.  Eye Shadow Palette in Iconic Eyes




Hate the fact that these colors aren't named or labeled...
The Icy Pink shade (top right) is a pretty inner eye color but shows up as white on my complexion.
The Espresso shade (top left) is really great for blending
The Golden Beige shade (bottom left) is pretty but nothing spectacular




The blue is icy and I likey a lot!

5.  Precision Liner Brush #28
 Both brushes are AWESOME!  I love that they are soft to the touch but firm when applying color.






6.  Shadow Brush #32

7.  How to Guide



I always love when company's include a how-to-guide but I hate that the names of the colors aren't labeled!  Arrgh.











FINAL VERDICT:  Definitely not regretting the purchase because I love the brushes and the blue cream liner and for the price you can't beat it.  I created some really pretty looks but hate the creasing.  Me likey not lovey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger