SOCIAL

Makeup Artist Kit - Setting Powders

Jan 6, 2013


I've gotten a good amount of feedback and questions about my makeup artist background and kit.  Therefore, I thought that I would do a series of posts related to my makeup kit and other MUA information.  

I posted my video about pursuing my passion for makeup artistry and some people have assumed that I just started doing makeup.  This isn't the case, I've been doing makeup for over 7 years (although I have never had professional training and I am self taught).  

I also have never taken makeup artistry seriously as a business.  I didn't have an extensive kit, I didn't have a budget, I didn't have a portfolio or marketing material.  Usually I would only do makeup for referrals or people I knew personally who would ask me to do it for them.  Now, I've decided to actually pursue this as a business and possible career.  I already have a degree in Economics, I just recently received my German business license, I am working on my portfolio and I have my budgeting plan all set.  So see, that is what I mean by taking it seriously! 

Now on to the fun stuff, what's in my kit!

SETTING POWDERS
Ben Nye Luxury Powder
SHADES I CARRY
Banana, Buff, Beige Suede, Cameo, Nutmeg and Dark Cocoa
WHAT I USE IT FOR
I use these mainly to set concealer under the eye and anywhere I put concealer to highlight .  I also use it to go underneath contour to emphasize the contour and sometimes as a setting powder on super oily clients.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural
SHADES I CARRY
Light, Light Plus, Medium, Medium Plus, Medium Dark, Medium Plus, Dark and Dark Deep
WHAT I USE IT FOR
This is my go to setting powder over foundation.  I love the way it sits on the skin, I love the glow it gives.  I also like to use it as a foundation, by itself, by using it with a slightly damp brush for a natural look.

bareMinerals Mineral Veil
SHADES I CARRY
Original Mineral Veil, Tinted Mineral Veil, Ready SPF Tinted Touch Up Veil
WHAT I USE IT FOR
I use this to set foundation when I want to set very lightly and want the skin to look like there is no foundation on it.  I also use this on my sensitive skin clients and as an alternative to MAC because some people prefer other brands.

bareMinerals Bisque
SHADES I CARRY
Bisque
WHAT I USE IT FOR
I use this to set undereye concealer on my really fair clients that don't need much concealer and don't need a heavy setting powder.  This can also be used alone as a concealer but I never do that.

bareMinerals Well Rested 
WHAT I USE IT FOR
I use this to set undereye concealer on my really fair clients that need very little concealer but have more yellow undertones.  This can also be used alone as a concealer but I never do that.

Laura Mercier Invisible Loose Setting Powder 
WHAT I USE IT FOR
I use this to set foundation on my really fair clients who don't like a lot of makeup on their skin.

I generally like to carry a variety of products and brands so that I can have options and it also helps when someone may have had an allergic reaction to a certain product because then I have alternatives!  I know I should probably condense my kit but for now, I like having options as I haven't learned every tip and trick yet!

Let me know if you guys have any questions!  Also, I'm an eternal student so let me know if you have any feedback and/or suggestion as I love to hear new ideas on things.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger