SOCIAL

Journey to Healthy Hair

Oct 4, 2011

hair is not completely straight and is actually longer than pictured
I cut my hair a little over a year ago and my husband pretty much begged me to grow out my hair.  It was fairly easy at first because I had a professional hair stylist that I went to every 1-2 weeks so I didn't really have to do anything to maintain my hair.  She did the trimming, washing and deep conditioning for me.  Well fast forward and life happens.  We moved and there goes my hair.  I'm not sure if it was stress or just sheer laziness but my hair started to shed like crazy.  The center area of my hair has always been an issue for me but this time it broke off severely.  I wanted to cry but crying doesn't solve the problem.  I decided to get serious about my hair and try to be diligent about taking care of it.  Of course being the product junkie that I am, I bought too many products and subsequently became overwhelmed.  I wanted to quit, but I'm not a quitter and I promised my husband that I would do my best to grow out my hair.  I think I have finally come up with an easy system that seems to be working as my husband had been complimenting me on my hair a lot lately.  After all the products I tried there seems to be 3 that work the best and most of them are inexpensive.

Deep Conditioner/Co-Washer
Neutrogena - Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioner
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Behenyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (prunus amygdalis dulcis), Olive Fruit Oil (olea europaea), Meadowfoam Seed Oil (limnanthes alba), Glycol Stearate, Ceteth 2, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Mica, Fragrance

Shampoo
Carols Daughter - Tui Herbal Shampoo
Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Lauramide DEA, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Melilotus Officinalis (Sweet Clover) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium Bourbon) Flower Oi, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Glycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Cocoate, Polysorbate 20, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-150 Distearate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Caramel, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum)


Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil


I have also been keeping hydrated by drinking lots of water which truly makes a huge difference.


Hopefully I can achieve armpit length by this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger