SOCIAL

Nars Hoarding - Beauty in a Box: Nars Junkie

Nov 22, 2010

Source
Hey Party People!  I missed you guys.  I was off in California hanging out with my family and unfortunately, no time to post.  I was too busy kicking butt on Just Dance 2 for the Wii!  I had to show my siblings who is boss!  So while in California, I was up to my usual craziness of hoarding makeup and my latest victim was the Beauty in a Box: Nars Junkie from Sephora.  Nars is slowly but surely stealing my little heart so of course I was drooling over this kit.  Nars can get quite expensive so whenever I can get a deal, count me in.  Keep reading to get more details on the kit and to see pictures and swatches.

This kit retails for $69 at Sephora.  For that $69, you get an Essential Eye Palette, a Lip Gloss, a mini Multiple and a mini Bronzer.



Inside the box flap there are three "looks" that can be achieved using the combination of products provided.  I'm sure that there are a vast array of additional looks that you can achieve with this kit and I look forward to trying!


The Essential Eye Palette contains 5 shadows that are 0.05oz  each and 1 cream shadow that is 0.03oz.  The eye shadow colors are as follows:
(shadows listed from l to r)
Top Row
Unconditional Love (peach beige shimmer), Night Star (sheer peach with gold pearls), Galapagos (rich bronze with gold flecks)
 Bottom Row
Nepal (rose with shimmer), Ondine (plum with gold shimmer), Thunderball (midnight blue/gray)

My favorite two eye shadows are Galapagos which I already have and Thunderball.  All of the other eye shadows are nice to have but not must haves.

The lip gloss that came with the kit is in the color Ophelia (sheer light strawberry) and is 0.28oz
This gloss gave me great shine and a hint of shimmer but not much color.  It is very very sheer on me.

The mini Multiple is in the color Orgasm (peachy pink shimmer) and is 0.14oz.

This is Multiple is super pretty and I love it.  It gives just a hint of glow and would look spectacular worn under my blush or even alone to give me just a nice radiance.  


Now we have the mini Bronzer in the color Laguna (brown with golden shimmer) and it is 0.08oz.

As you can tell from the swatch, on my skintone this would probably only work as a highlighter and it would have to be used sparingly as the shimmer can make it come out a bit ashy on.  It is prettier in person than in the swatch though but I would be concerned if a camera flashed while I was wearing this on my face.  I will try it out though and see for sure how this will work.  I promise it will be featured in one of my Look of the Day posts this week!


FINAL VERDICT:  I love Nars but this kit is a nice to have for makeup hoaders like myself but not a must have.  However, if you are new to Nars, this would be one great kit to start with!

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger