SOCIAL

COOKING - Chicken stuffed with Prosciutto & Cheese

Dec 21, 2013


I've been so bored with everything that I've been cooking lately, so I decided to try out a few new recipes.  This one got 4 stars from my fam bam so I thought that I would share it with you guys.  It is Stuffed Chicken with Prosciutto, Cheese and Basil in a Mushroom Sauce.  AMAZING!  

Here is a link to the recipe Epicurious - Stuffed Chicken Recipe

I changed the following things to make the recipe work for me, you may find this useful if you decide to try out the recipe too!

CHANGES
1.  I purchased Chicken Breast Halves
2.  I used oven safe bands to tie the chicken together
3.  I only used 1 type of basic white mushroom
4.  I used homemade Chicken Stock (I had some in the freezer and yes, I made it myself) instead of Chicken broth
5.  I only used fresh basil in the mushroom sauce because that was all I had on hand
6.  Since I don't have an oven safe skillet, while I was pre-heating the oven, I put a pan in there and just transferred the chicken from the skillet to the hot pan (you'll understand when you read the directions)

Let me know if you try the recipe out and tell me what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger