SOCIAL

Cooking: Tuna and Avocado Salad (Paleo)

Jan 5, 2014

Recipe from Cook Eat Paleo
This is not a food blog, I repeat this is not a food blog!  However, I'm one of those people that loves to eat.  I mean I really do love to eat and you can totally pay me in cookies and cakes if I had my choice (and no real bills!)
Since I really like unhealthy food the most, I've been trying to come up with, and find, healthier food options.  Now I am totally not eating super healthy but I'm taking baby steps and I really am liking some of the new foods I'm trying.

This recipe is super easy and only includes 6 items.  The link under the picture above will take you to the original recipe.  You will need an Avocado, Lemon Juice, Onion, Tuna, Sea Salt and Pepper.  The recipe called for wild tuna but I didn't have any so I just used the canned tuna we had on hand.  I also only had organic lemon juice so I substituted that for fresh lemon juice.

I made this for my husband and I but our 6 year old tried some and said he like it too.  This recipe will definitely be in heavy rotation and I can see it being especially good in the summer months when it's hot outside and you don't feel like making a fussy lunch.  

Kid tested.  Mommy and Kid approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger