SOCIAL

Sabrina's Favorite Brushes (Personal Use)

Oct 2, 2013


That awkward moment when you realize that you really need to clean your personal makeup brushes....just happened.  I also walked by my pro kit and thought about photographing those to go with this post but I decided to just let you'll know how it really is.

These are the brushes that I use on myself only!  They are my everyday favorite brushes that are essential in my personal makeup routine.

First up we have the MAC 266 Small Angle Brush
I use this brush for my cream brow products as well as my cream eyeliner.  I love the angled tip, the fact that it isn't too wide and it has just enough give so it isn't to stiff.   Love this brush.

Available at MAC for $20 USD


Lancome Concealer Brush #8
I use this brush for brows, well underneath brows actually.  I may be one of the last people on earth that still love concealer brows but whatever, I still do!  I use this with my MAC Studio Finish Concealer and it gives me the perfect control to clean up my brows and leave a straight arch line.

Available at LANCOME for $27.50 USD


 MAC 217 Blending Brush
This is my makeup artist in a pinch brush.  I get up most mornings around 5am so I can't deal with lots of eyeshadow detail.  I usually apply my shadow with this, blend out my concealer and add a little something to the crease.  It is a one stop quick brush.  It blends and applies eyeshadow perfectly.  This is quite possible my favorite MAC buy ever.

Available at MAC for $24 USD


MAC 130 Short Duo Fibre Brush
Airbrushed look with easy blending, yes please!  This brush is amazing at making foundation have that airbrushed application look.  I love this one because it applies and blends so easily and it's small enough to fit around the curves of the face. 

Available at MAC for $42 USD


Beauty Blender Makeup Sponge
Because I'm lazy, I only use this dry on myself.  This baby blends that concealer like no other and is especially great for when you want that highlighted under eye look because it helps to blend the concealer into your foundation.  Brilliant product and I totally need to wash it like right now!

Available at Beauty.com for $19.95 - $28.95 USD


Latex Free Cosmetic Sponge
I use drugstore wedges to set my concealer.  They are cheap, easy to use and they work.  That is all.  Moving along....

Available at your local drugstore....hopefully.


Real Techniques Powder Brush
I love this brush for setting my foundation.  I usually dab it into the setting powder of my choice, tap off the excess and then pat it onto my face.  After patting it on, I then lightly buff it into my skin.  My foundation doesn't move around after that and I don't have a super powdery finish.  Oh and I love that this brush is very affordable.

Available at drugstore.com for $9.99 USD



Real Techniques Setting Brush
Again, an amazing drugstore brush that I love.  It fits perfectly on the top of my cheek bones and blends the product in seamlessly.  Love this for my dewy glow highlighting.

Available at drugstore.com for $7.99 USD


 Tarte Double Ended Brush
Sadly, I got this brush in a limited edition set from QVC and I haven't been able to find it anywhere else.  I absolutely love this brush for contouring my face and my nose.  I use the wider end for the face and of course the smaller side to snatch my nose!  Please Tarte bring this brush back!

Available in my dreams and such.


MAC 187 Duo Fibre Face Brush
I'm completely addicted to blush and I love overdone blush so I have to be very careful not to look like someone punched me with a fist covered in pink paint.  This brush applies the blush evenly and also blends it out to perfection.  I love these duo fibre brushes because they always deliver that seamless look without a lot of effort.

Available at MAC for $42 USD


Well those are my favorite brushes and what I use them for.  Let me know if you have any questions!  I'm going to go wash my brushes now.  Cheers

1 comment:

  1. great choices... I'm looking into adding to my brush recommendations so thank you for the recommendations

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger